Thursday, June 7, 2012

Getting creative again after Puppy Break

Now I understand how "new Mums" feel. It's just so lovely to watch you new baby (or in my case puppy) to explore the world that all the other things have to wait. It gave me a break for a few weeks from sewing, which I probably needed anyway.
But while I was not making many things I had plenty of ideas which I now started putting into action.


A lot of my new items start with a need for myself. As we ended up with heaps of toys for Libby everywhere I needed a storage basket that looks modern and is practical. My storage basket is reversible and has a "blackboard" tag on one side. They are made to fit perfectly into the IKEA EXPEDIT bookcase. Wouldn't that be easy for little kids to clean up their mess at the end of a busy play day?






My other project was screenprinting and sewing appliques on baby clothes. I made a batch of them and already sold a few on my market days. I especially love the little love heart on their butt. I used the templates for the screenprints from the book "prints charming".

It was also my little nice's 1st Birthday in April. I made her a Swiss Tiger Bunny (This tiger print is very Swiss, all the kids my age had slippers made of it in the 1970's and now its coming back into fashion again). She was talking to the bunny, nobody knows what she meant but I am sure she told the bunny he could have some of her birthday cake ;-)


I am also a bit of a recycling freak and always look for ways to upcycle "rubbish". These lanterns are made from Moccona Coffee jars, just add a bit of wire and sew a fabric cover and voila, a cute little lantern is born.

I promise to keep my blog up to date more often again, now that Libby is a bit older. 
Wishing you all a fantastic weekend and keep beeing crafty!

Caroline
 

No comments:

Post a Comment